This product is no longer in stock
Tulsi / Basil Leaf Powder
Tamil : Thulasi - துளசி
Malayalam : kunnakam, nalla-tirtta, nalla-tuttuva
Hindi : baranda, kala tulasi, kala-tulasi, kalatulsi, tulsi
Telugu : brynda, gaggera, gaggera-chettu,
Botanical : Ocimum tenuiflorum
Holy Basil, the “queen of herbs” is the most sacred of all the herbs found in India! This sacred plant is found in almost every Indian household. Tulsi has been used in India for around 5000 years and is acclaimed for its healing properties of the mind, body and spirit. Tulsi has been widely popular in South Asian countries for many centuries and now is also gaining popularity in the West. Most commonly known as “Tulsi” or “Tulasi” (Hindi) in India, the basil plant is a leafy herb belonging to the mint family.
1. It acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent – both from within and without.
2. Therefore it is good for skin – both when consumed and applied topically.
3. It is also effective in treating skin disorders, itching and issues like ringworms.
5. It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
6. It helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu and chest congestion.
7. It is also beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthma et cetera.
8. Helps relieve stress, strengthen immunity, and facilitate proper digestion.
9. It is loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, Vitamin A and C
10. Regular tulsi consumption can also aid in balancing various bodily processes.
11. It counters elevated blood sugar levels and is therefore beneficial for diabetics.
12. It helps in regulating uric acid levels in body, thereby elimination risks of developing kidney stones. It is also beneficial for those who have kidney stones.
13. According to the Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India, tulsi can help in maintaining normal levels of the stress hormone – cortisol in the body.
14, It can wards off harmful effects of free radicals.
15. Is great for dental health and for healthy gums.
16. Is an effective insect repellant and can aid in treating insect bite.
17. Is also beneficial in treating conditions like hepatitis, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue and swine flu.
18. It is also known as adaptogen.
1 spoon a day before diet with warm water or honey
There are no known side effects with this herb. Seek medical advice for its use during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methodology:
All our herbs are Harvested Organically, dried, and pulverized with no chemical interactions ensuring 100% natural herbal powders.
The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only; please consult your own healthcare practitioner before use