This product is no longer in stock
Holy Basil Leaves Powder
Alternatively known as the holy basil or ocimum sanctum, tulsi is a common name in most Indian households. Easy to grow and widely found in the Indian subcontinent, not only is tulsi a revered, holy plant in Hinduism; it also finds its place in the ancient science of Ayurveda. The purple hued tulsi is called Krishna tulsi. Apart from the Indian subcontinent, it can also be found in tropical regions of most Southeast Asian countries.
1. It acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent – both from within and without.
2. Therefore it is good for skin – both when consumed and applied topically.
3. It is also effective in treating skin disorders, itching and issues like ringworms.
4. It can be made into teas or can be had raw, powdered, paste or in form herbal supplements.
5. It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
6. It helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu and chest congestion.
7. It is also beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthma et cetera.
8. Helps relieve stress, strengthen immunity, and facilitate proper digestion.
9. It is loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, Vitamin A and C
10. Regular tulsi consumption can also aid in balancing various bodily processes.
11. It counters elevated blood sugar levels and is therefore beneficial for diabetics.
12. It helps in regulating uric acid levels in body, thereby elimination risks of developing kidney stones. It is also beneficial for those who have kidney stones.
13. According to the Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India, tulsi can help in maintaining normal levels of the stress hormone – cortisol in the body.
14, It can wards off harmful effects of free radicals.
15. Is great for dental health and for healthy gums.
16. Is an effective insect repellant and can aid in treating insect bite.
17. Is also beneficial in treating conditions like hepatitis, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue and swine flu.
18. It is also known as adaptogen.
There are no known side effects with this herb. Seek medical advice for its use during pregnancy.
Harvesting & Manufacturing Methodology:
All our herbs are Harvested Organically, dried, and pulverized with no chemical interactions ensuring 100% natural herbal powders.
The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only; please consult your own healthcare practitioner before use